Short-term mission means experiencing God and His power for yourself, meeting people from different cultures and letting these experiences affect you. You contribute to world mission and benefit from it. With God, you can go to the limits of your possibilities and experience how he uses your commitment to bring the most important message for this world to people. You will rediscover yourself in a missionary situation and gain a new vision.
420 missionaries. In more than 60 countries around the world.
What a huge network we can use for your individual short-term mission!
Here you can find out about some of the ways you can get involved in God’s mission and share the transforming power of the Gospel with the world. Is there something for you or do you have other ideas?
Please get in touch!
We will guide you.
Firstly, we invite you to get to know us. And we want to get to know you personally. Only then can we be sure you are in the right place. The first meeting will be online. We will then work together to find out what kind of short-term position suits you, or what else is important for your desired placement.
Once we have found a suitable placement for your calling, we will assign you a contact person of our team who will support you in all aspects of your preparation. This includes:
– Information about the placement in terms of tasks, costs, accommodation, etc.
– Information about funding your placement.
– Help with planning for vaccinations, visas, flights, insurance, etc.
– Administrative discussions and arrangements.
We offer a crash course to prepare you for your assignment. This preparatory course is an important element and prerequisite for your short-term assignment.
Topics we will cover include: Living in a foreign culture! What challenges might I face? How can I prepare well? How can I make my time abroad a rich experience? In addition to input from the preparation team, there will be plenty of time for personal dialogue!
Are you interested?
Then join the next course live in Wüstenrot from 6th to 9th June 2024.
Reserve your place at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you!
Throughout your placement, you will be supported by your personal contact: They will keep in touch with you by email, talk to you and answer any questions you may have. And of course, we will pray for you as a team!
At the end of your placement there will be a return seminar where you can reflect on your experience and think about the next steps.
Your contact person will also hold an individual debriefing session with you.
You should meet these personal requirement.
- A personal relationship with Jesus.
- A heart for the local people and a willingness to share Jesus with others.
- Openness to other cultures and a willingness to adapt to local conditions.
- Good teamwork skills and flexibility.
You should meet these formal requirements.
- Age: at least 18 years old at the time of departure (16 years old in exceptional cases)
- Application period: minimum 3 months within Europe and 6 months outside Europe
- Costs must be covered privately or by a sponsoring group.
- Attending the Crash Course
- Acceptance of the mission statement of the Kontaktmission and the guidelines of the local partner organisation
- Departure date and length of placement are flexible